Packing & Shipping
Most items are made to order so currently there is a lead time of 1 week. You will receive an email once your item is dispatched.
Love HeartWood is an eco-friendly business. Either recycled tissue paper or wood shavings, from the turning process, are used as packing material. Postal boxes are made from a minimum of 75% recycled fibres. Both box and tape are 100% recyclable.
Refunds and Exchanges
If there is a problem though please get in touch. I’ll do my best to put a smile back on your face. Every effort is made to ensure your purchase reaches you in pristine condition but if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase you may return it in an un-used condition (please package accordingly) within 30 days for either exchange or a refund (excl. postage costs).
I am committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of visitors to my web site and subscribers to my newsletter. Here you’ll find information on how I treat data that is collected from visitors to our website, or when someone subscribes to the newsletter.
Visitors to our Website
When someone visits LoveHeartWood.co.uk I use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. I do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. I do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting my website.
If I do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, I will be up front about this. I will make it clear when I collect personal information and will explain what I intend to do with it.
Purchasing from me
I hope that when visiting my web site that you are inspired to make a purchase and if you do then it makes sense I handle the following:
- When you order, your Name, Address, Contact Details and Delivery Details (if these are not the same). This allows me to process and fulfil your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
- I use your personal information only to fulfil your order.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
– as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
– when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
– if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
– as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
1. Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
2. I offer the option of signing up to hear about new products, offers and seasonal promotions and to aid that I collect personal information. I use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked me to tell you about; to contact you if I need to obtain or provide additional information; to check my records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. I don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses and I simply ask for an email address and first name so I can personalise the email to you as it’s nice to do.
I use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver my newsletter. I gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help me monitor and improve my newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by sending a request via our secure form here
I do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons.
I also follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given me, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I store and process your information through a third-party hosting service in the US. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as MailChimp is Privacy Shield certified.
Links to Other Web Sites
Access to Your Personal Information
You are entitled to access the personal information about you that I hold. Email your request to me via our secure contact form here alternatively you may mail me at:
Liz Pearson, Clayhill Road, Burghfield Common, West Berkshire, RG7 3HB
This privacy notice was last updated on 22th May 2018